Thursday, February 12, 2015

Let me tell you about...

I can't help it. I get excited when people talk to me about things I like. I think I come across as a sales man, or some sort of ambassador. Like years ago when I worked in the importing business, I spoke so passionately to my American customers about Vancouver, you'd like I had profit sharing with the Tourism board.  And readers of this blog can surely tell that I will happily talk about dogs, my dog, your dog, all dogs -  at any time and anywhere.

But I surprised myself yesterday when I was sitting in a waiting room and a man asked me if my boots were Blundstones. Why yes they were. And are they steel toe? No they aren't. He told me he wears steel toe Blundstones for work and loves them but didn't know they were sold elsewhere and had non-steel toed versions. I then proceeded to tell him that there are mens and womens and even kids sized boots available. And in nubuck and brown and suede too. As well as blue and red and other colours. And told him where in Vancouver you could find such a selection. Again, you'd think I owned the shop!

My husband would have frowned at me after about 2 minutes and encouraged me to not make a fool of myself. But I did. I just couldn't help myself.

1 comment:

Rick Watson said...

Those are great looking boots.
R