Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm thankful for.... Rubber Gloves!

I know. It sounds weird but you see, without rubber gloves I couldn't have cooked and baked all day and I couldn't have washed up all the dishes for those meals without some rubber gloves. So before I can be thankful for my family, or my house, or food, or the day off, or my health, or all that, it had to start with something so presumably insignificant as a pair of rubber gloves.

This is why:
Today I got up, made coffee for Jp and me.
(including washing the coffee press and the cups)
Had breakfast with the kid.
Took the dog for a walk.
Started making bread.
(washed the dishes) 
Made the green jello/cottage cheese dessert that the boys love so much.
Made cream of mushroom soup.
Served lunch with the soup and bread.
(washed the dishes)
Made the dessert - Pineapple Dream
(washed the dishes)

- took a break for 2 hours-

Cooked the mashed potatoes.
Carmelized the onions.
Cooked the ham.
(washed the dishes)
Put the onions and mashed potatoes together and baked them.
Made the boys their pina coladas
(washed the blender)
Made the stuffing.
Served dinner, served dessert.
(washed the dishes)

So you see, without those little cheery yellow and green rubber gloves, I couldn't not have made it through the day with all those dishes in a tiny little kitchen! And for that I am thankful.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving today and/or tomorrow!
Tomorrow we'll be wearing the microwave out as I will not be in the kitchen at all! Except maybe for my morning coffee, and to feed the dog.

Good night.

1 comment:

Carol Browne said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you! You don't have a dishwasher? OOF. I don't know how you do it. Calgon, take me away!!!!

Also, I'm most grateful for rubber gloves come bathroom clean up time. Yeesh.